Jícama Salad with Oranges, Cilantro, and Pumpkin Seeds
A perfect way to dress up a hearty Southwestern meal. Jícama (pronounced HIC-uh-ma), once confined to the southwest, has recently become far easier to find in produce sections everywhere.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 medium jícama, peeled and cut into narrow 1 1/2-inch-long strips
- 3 to 4 clementines or other small seedless oranges, sectioned
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 ounces mixed baby greens
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
Combine the jicama, orange sections, greens, and cilantro in a serving bowl and stir together.
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir together. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss together. Scatter the pumpkin seeds over the top and serve at once.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s Super Savory Salads.