Loaded Sweet Potatoes with Chipotle Lime Tahini Sauce
Loaded with cumin-scented black beans, fresh sprouts, avocado and topped with a chipotle lime tahini sauce, this is a Meatless Monday (or any day) meal that’s packed with flavor and nourishing ingredients. Recipe and photos contributed by Cristina Cavanaugh, from Begin Within Nutrition.
Makes: 2 large or 4 smaller servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 15-to 16-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Sprouts, any variety, as desired
- 1 medium firm, ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Cilantro leaves, as desired
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (these are very spicy!)
- Sea salt to taste
Wash sweet potatoes and prick with a fork a couple of times, place on a baking dish lined with foil or parchment paper and cook on 400 degrees F for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until tender in the middle.
Once the sweet potatoes are done, place the black beans in a small sauce pan, add cumin and warm over low heat.
Meanwhile, combine for the sauce in a food processor. Blend until well combined.
Construct sweet potatoes by cutting in half, adding a scoop of black beans, avocado slices, sprouts and cilantro. Drizzle with sauce and enjoy!
- Enjoy more of VegKitchen’s sweet potato recipes.