Maple and Tarragon Sweet Potatoes
Maple syrup and tarragon are wonderful enhancements for the flavor of sweet potatoes.
Serves: 8 or more
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup nonhydrogenated margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Arrange the sweet potato slices in overlapping rows in an oiled shallow 2-quart casserole. In a small bowl, combine the syrup, margarine, juice, cinnamon, and salt. Pour evenly over the potatoes. Sprinkle the tarragon over the top.
Cover with lid or foil and bake, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes, or until readily pierced with a fork but still firm. Bake another 20 to 25 minutes, uncovered, or until glazed and golden around the edges.
- Enjoy more of VegKitchen’s sweet potato recipes.
- Here are more recipes to enjoy a Vegetarian and Vegan Friendly Thanksgiving.
- Find more ways to make Special Occasions and Entertaining easier and healthier.
3 comments on “Maple and Tarragon Sweet Potatoes”
Pingback: Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes | HealthyMamaInfo