Maple Glazed Pineapple
The flavor of maple syrup marries well with pineapple, especially glazed right into the surface. If you like pineapple, you’re sure to enjoy this nearly instant dessert. This is particularly appealing when made with canned organic pineapple mini-rings. Photos by Rachael Braun.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance or other vegan buttery spread
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, or to taste
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups diced fresh pineapple, or two 15-ounce cans
pineapple chunks or slices, drained
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, cherries, or blueberries, or raisins
- Vanilla coconut yogurt, granola, and/or toasted chopped nuts for topping, optional
Heat the Earth Balance in a medium skillet until melted, then stir in the maple syrup and cinnamon.
Drain the pineapple well (save the juice for a different use— for smoothies, etc.) and add to the skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the pineapple is nicely glazed and golden, 6 to 8 minutes.
Stir in the dried fruit of your choice and remove from the heat. Transfer the mixture to a serving dish. Allow to cool.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Top each serving with any or all of the optional toppings, if desired.
- Here are more recipes for fruity compositions.