Melon Cups with Strawberries and Blueberries
The attractive presentation of this medley of summer fruits — cantaloupe, strawberries, and blueberries — makes it especially appealing.
- 2 ripe cantaloupes, halved and seeded
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled, halved If small, quartered if large
- 3/4 cup blueberries or blackberries
- 1/4 cup kirsch (cherry liqueur), or undiluted apple juice concentrate
- Mint leaves for garnish, if available
Scoop the flesh out of the cantaloupes, using the small end of a melon baller; leave a shell about 1/4 inch thick. Combine the melon balls with the remaining fruit and kirsch or apple juice concentrate in a shallow bowl and let stand, refrigerated, for 30 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally. Cover and refrigerate the melon shells until needed.
Before serving, cut a thin slice from the bottom of each melon shell so that it will stand securely. Divide the fruit mixture among the shells. Garnish with mint leaves and serve.Print This Post