Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
This frozen dessert is so delicious you will never know it’s made from bananas and avocados. Avocados power up the nutrition in this dessert and gives it that beautiful green hue. Add a few drops of mint extract, chocolate chips and voila…Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream! Recipe and photos contributed from Cristina Cavanaugh of BeginWithin Nutrition.
2 to 4 servings
- 2 bananas (peeled, sliced and frozen)
- ½ cup canned coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- ½ avocado
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon mint extract
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips
Add frozen bananas and coconut milk to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
Add avocado, maple syrup and mint extract. Blend again until creamy.
Pour into a container and fold in chocolate chips.
Place into the freezer for 3-4 hours or until set. Scoop and Enjoy!
- Enjoy more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Ice Cream recipes.