Mixed Greens Salad with an Asian Spin
This makes a lively accompaniment to many types of Asian-style dishes; however, you don’t necessarily need to serve it with Asian-themed meals; it’s a simple, offbeat accompaniment to many types of dishes.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 5 to 6 ounces mixed baby greens
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and diced, or 3 to 4 medium
Jerusalem artichokes (sunchokes), peeled and sliced
- 6 stalks bok choy, with greens, or 4 large celery stalks, sliced diagonally
- 3 small seedless oranges, sectioned
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Sesame ginger salad dressing, home-made or store-bought, as needed to moisten
Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl and toss together. Serve at once.
- Here are more recipes for colorful green salads.