Mixed Greens with Pears, Cranberries, and Pecans
Bosc pears that are just slightly underripe are perfect in this salad that’s simple enough for everyday, yet festive enough for holiday meals. Contrasted with the crunch of pecans and and the sweetness of dried cranberries, this salad is a party for the palate. Photos by Rachael Braun.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 3 to 4 ounces mixed baby greens (mesclun), or as desired
- 2 firm pears (preferably bosc), cored and diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 large carrot, peeled and coarsely grated or thinly sliced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Natural raspberry vinaigrette or balsamic vinaigrette, as needed
Combine the first 6 ingredients in a serving bowl and toss together. Drizzle in a little of the dressing of your choice and toss again. Pass around more dressing so that everyone can use as much or as little as they’d like.