Napa Sriracha Slaw
I absolutely love a good slaw alongside vegan brats & beans, tempeh sliders are generously mounded with the stuff and lately I can’t get enough of this slaw stuffed inside my tacos. If you are looking for a super creamy slaw adjust the vegan mayo according to your taste. This recipe makes a boatload — perfect for a BBQ, picnic or leftovers for a sandwich or taco topper! Recipe and photos contributed by Heather Poire of Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes.
- ½ head Napa cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 3 large carrots, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise, or more, for a creamier slaw
- 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener (honey, agave or pure maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 to 4 teaspoons sriracha or to your taste
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (tan or black)
- Kosher salt to taste
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together vegan mayo, sweetener, apple cider vinegar & sriracha.
- Add shredded cabbage and carrots and toss until shredded veggies are well coated,
- Season with salt and sesame seeds and toss well- add additional sesame seeds to top of slaw prior to serving if desired.
- Chill for a few hours prior to serving or serve right away. Enjoy!
- Here are lots more creative and colorful slaw-style salads.