Nutty Banana-Blueberry Smoothie
Serves: 2 to 3
- 1 medium banana, broken into several pieces
(frozen ahead of time, if desired)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut, cashew, or almond butter
- 1 cup berry juice, coconut water, or filtered water
- 1 cup vanilla nondairy milk
- A few ice cubes, optional
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until smoothly pureed.
Or, place in a container and process with an immersion blender. In the case of the latter, use room temperature banana rather than frozen, and don’t include the ice cubes. You can serve over ice if you’d like.
In either case, adjust the consistency with more liquid if desired. Serve at once in tall glasses.