Nutty Banana-Blueberry Smoothie
Blueberries are one of the most antioxidant-rich fruits available, making this a supercharged way to start a summer day, or to enjoy as a midday refreshment.
Serves: 2 to 3
- 1 medium banana, broken into several pieces
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut, cashew, or almond butter
- 1 cup vanilla or berry nondairy yogurt
- 1 cup vanilla nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup crushed ice, optional
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smoothly pureed. Or, place in a container and process with an immersion blender. Adjust consistency with more liquid if desired. Serve at once in tall glasses.
- Here are more recipes for summer smoothies.