Pan-Roasted Caulflower with Dried Tomatoes
In our home, cauliflower is a favorite vegetable, second only to broccoli. We’re more than glad to have it steamed, with just a splash of flaxseed oil, but the combination of dried tomatoes and basil adds a special touch.
- 1 medium or large head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sliced fresh basil leaves, optional
Combine the cauliflower with 1/2 cup water in a large skillet or stir-fry pan. Cover and steam over medium heat until tender but still firm, about 8 minutes.
Drain any water from the pan, then drizzle in the olive oil. Stir in the sun-died tomatoes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper, top with basil if desired, and serve.
- Here are more recipes for cauliflower and broccoli.