Basil and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
A delightful pasta dish seasoned with sun dried tomatoes marinated in white wine and fresh basil. This dish is quick and easy if you marinate the tomatoes earlier in the day. Recipe from Taste Life! Organic Recipes (2002) by Leslie Cerier. Reprinted by permission of Square One Publishers.
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil, sliced
- 8 to 10 ounces pasta, any short shape
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 10 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced
- 2 bunches fresh basil (about 1 1/2 cup leaves)
- 2 tablespoons umeboshi vinegar or
lemon juice and sea salt to taste
Marinate sun-dried tomatoes in wine for 2 hours.
Cook pasta in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente, then drain.
Meanwhile, in a heavy skillet or wok, sauté the onions and garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 2 minutes.
Add marinated tomatoes and wine. Sauté-simmer for 5 minutes. Add zucchini and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in basil and umeboshi vinegar.
Turn off heat and drizzle in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir and taste. Adjust the seasonings, if desired.
- Here are more lighter seasonal vegan pasta recipes.