Pasta with Asparagus and Marinated Artichoke Hearts
This simple pasta dish, filled with flavorful asparagus and artichokes, is sure to please at the dinner table in late spring and early summer. Serve with a salad featuring chickpeas (I especially like this with Chickpea Salad with Roasted Peppers, Tomatoes, and Basil) and fresh corn on the cob.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 10 to 12 ounces pasta twists (rotelli, rotini, or cavatappi)
- 1 pound asparagus
- 12-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, with liquid, chopped
- 2 large firm, ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, or more, to taste
- 1/4 cup Vegan Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cook the pasta in rapidly simmering water until al dente, then drain.
Meanwhile, trim the woody bottoms off of the asparagus stalks. Scrape the bottom halves of the stalks with a vegetable peeler if they aren’t slender, then cut them into approximately 1 1/2-inch lengths. Steam in a medium skillet with a small amount of water until bright green and tender-crisp, then drain.
Combine the cooked pasta and steamed asparagus in a serving bowl with the remaining ingredients and toss well. Serve at once or let cool somewhat and serve just warm.
- Here are more lighter seasonal vegan pasta recipes.
- Find more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Dinner Recipes and Pasta Entrées.
- Click here for more asparagus recipes.