Tortellini or Ravioli with Broccoli and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Look for vegan tortellini or ravioli in the frozen foods section of natural foods stores. They come stuffed with tofu, spinach, or even sweet potato. Try serving this with Mediterranean Spinach with Pine Nuts and Raisins.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 16-ounce bag frozen vegan tortellini or ravioli
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup good-quality sun-dried tomatoes
oil-cured or not, as you prefer, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or vegetable broth
- 1 cup diced ripe tomatoes
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Vegan Parmesan cheese
Cook the tortellini or ravioli according to package directions until al dente, then drain.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and sauté over low heat until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the broccoli, dried tomatoes, and wine. Cover and cook until the broccoli is bright green and tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
Combine the cooked tortellini or ravioli with the broccoli mixture in a serving bowl, then stir in the tomatoes and scallions. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss together.
Serve at once, passing around vegan Parmesan for topping if desired.