Cold Farfalle with White Beans and Corn
Sturdy, savory pasta salads such as this one are reliable offerings for summer company. This is a delicious accompaniment to grilled vegetables.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1/4 cup white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple juice or apple cider
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 8 to 10 ounces farfalle (bowtie pasta)
- 2 cups cooked cannellini or navy beans (about 2/3 cup dried), or
- One 16-ounce can, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels, preferably fresh (from 3 large ears)
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives, preferably cured (such as kalamata)
- 2 cups finely diced firm, ripe tomatoes
- 2 to 3 scallions, sliced
- Chopped fresh basil and oregano leaves, as desired, or
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil and 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and stir together. Set aside.
Cook the pasta in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente. Drain and rinse under cool water, then drain well again.
Combine the pasta with the remaining ingredients and the dressing in a serving bowl, and toss well. Cover and refrigerate until needed, or serve at once.Print This Post