Cold Linguine Salad with Artichokes and Roasted Peppers
This cold linguine pasta salad features vigorous flavors provided by roasted peppers, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, and lots of fresh parsley. It will hold up well on hot days or when being transported to a potluck.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 8 to 10 ounces linguine pasta, preferably whole grain
- 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, with liquid
- 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, with liquid
- 1/4 cup rehydrated or oil-cured sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 medium firm, ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons white or red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Cook the linguine in rapidly simmering water until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool.
Meanwhile, combine the red peppers and artichokes, their liquids, the sun-dried tomatoes, and parsley in a food processor. Pulse on an off until the mixture is coarsely and evenly chopped.
In a serving bowl, combine the red pepper and artichoke mixture with the linguine in a serving container and toss. Add the carrots, tomatoes, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Here are more pasta salad recipes.