Cold Pasta Shells with Black-Eyed Peas and Corn
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apple juice or apple cider
- Chopped fresh dill and oregano as desired,
or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill and 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 8 ounces small or medium pasta shells
- 2 cups cooked black-eyed peas (about 3/4 cup dried),
or one 16-ounce can, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels, preferably fresh (from 3 large ears)
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into narrow 1-inch strips
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and stir together. Set aside.
Cook the pasta in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente. Drain and rinse under cool water, then drain well again.
Combine the cooked pasta with the remaining ingredients in a serving bowl, and toss together. Add the dressing and toss again. Cover and refrigerate until needed, or serve at once.
- Here are more easy bean main dishes.
- Here are more lighter seasonal vegan pasta recipes.
- Here are more recipes for bean salads.