Orzo and Black Bean Salsa Salad
Bursting with Southwestern flavors, this pasta salad, made with tiny rice-shaped orzo, is as flavorful as it is easy to make.
- 1 cup orzo or rosa marina (rice-shaped pasta)
- 2 cups cooked black beans (about 1/4 cup dried), or one 16-ounce can, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup store-bought tomato salsa, mild or medium-hot
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, to taste
- 2 to 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or lime, or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Cook the orzo in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente. Drain and rinse until cool, then drain well again.
Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a serving container. Add the pasta and toss together. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.Print This Post