Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 to 10 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts or toasted slivered almonds,
or 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 pound spaghetti, broken in half
- 2 to 4 ounces, finely chopped oil-cured sun-dried tomatoes, to taste
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Raw Vegan Parmesan-Style Cheeze, optional
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a small skillet. Add the garlic and sauté over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until golden. Remove from heat. Toast the pine nuts in a small, dry skillet, tossing frequently, until golden.
Cook the spaghetti in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Add the garlic, tomatoes, parsley, nuts, and remaining olive oil. Toss together.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve at once. Pass around the Raw Vegan Parmesan-Style Cheez, if desired.
- Here are more lighter seasonal vegan pasta recipes.