Pasta Salad with Chickpeas and Artichoke Hearts
The ingredients give for this delectable pasta salad can be easily doubled to make it party-sized.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 8 ounces fusilli, rotini, or other short pasta shape
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- One 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped, with liquid
- 1/2 cup chopped and pitted black olives, preferably cured (such as Kalamata)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into short, narrow strips
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar, or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cook the pasta in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente. Drain and rinse under cool water, then drain well again.
Meanwhile, combine the chickpeas, artichoke hearts and liquid, olives, red pepper, carrot, and parsley in a large serving bowl. Add the pasta and toss together.
Add the oil and vinegar, then season to taste with salt and pepper, and toss again. Cover and refrigerate until needed, or serve at once.
- Here are more pasta salad recipes.