Serve this delectable peanut sauce over noodles or grains; it’s also good over sautéed tofu or tempeh. Tailor the spiciness to your taste!
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 scallion, coarsely chopped
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated fresh or jarred ginger
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
Place all the ingredients in the container of a food processor, along with 1/2 cup of water. Process until smooth. Pour the sauce into a small heavy saucepan and heat over low heat until warm, or simply toss with hot noodles, rice or vegetables.
- Here are lots more recipes for simple sauces and such.