Polenta and Zucchini Marinara
This is almost so embarrassingly easy, but it’s such a crowd-pleaser, I just had to share it. Use a really flavorful prepared marinara—smoked tomato, mushroom, or chunky vegetable. Adapted from Vegan Express.
- One 18-ounce tube polenta
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- One 28-ounce jar good-quality marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella-style vegan cheese
- Sliced fresh basil leaves for garnish, optional
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Cut the polenta into 1/2 inch thick slices. Spread the bottom of a shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish with a little of the marinara sauce, then arrange the polenta slices in a single layer.
Arrange the zucchini slices over the polenta, then pour the remaining sauce evenly over them.
Sprinkle the surface evenly with the cheese. Cover and bake for 10 minutes, then uncover and bake for 5 to 10 minutes longer, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve at once, garnishing each serving with fresh basil if desired.
- Enjoy VegKitchen’s selection of recipes for zucchini and other summer squashes.