Raw Chocolate Macaroons
These raw chocolate macaroons are a perfect snack for your sweet tooth! With a hint of sweetness, chocolate and coconut these cookies will become your new favorite go to snack.Recipe and photo by Laura Marquis, from Sweets in the Raw: Naturally Healthy Desserts, reprinted by permission.
- 1½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil (warmed)
- 1 tablespoon date paste, or 1 to 2 large soft pitted dates
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Pulse all ingredients in food processor until well combined but still chunky.
- Use a mini ice cream scoop or tablespoon to create small bite size balls.
- Set on a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm. Serve and enjoy.
Laura Marquis owns a fitness studio in San Diego and blogs at Naturally Healthy Desserts.
- Here are more no-bake and raw sweets.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!