Roasted Potatoes and Tomatoes with Rosemary
Roasted potatoes, flavored with rosemary, is a lovely side dish for holiday meals or any other time of year that invites the mellow flavor of roasted vegetables to the table.
Serves: 6 to 8
- 6 medium red-skinned or yukon gold potatoes, preferably long and narrow
- 4 to 6 firm ripe plum (Roma) tomatoes, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary, or 1 teaspoon dried
- Minced chives or scallon, as desired
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Cook, bake, or microwave the potatoes in their skins until done but still nice and firm. Peel and slice crosswise 1/2 inch thick.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Oil a large, shallow baking dish. Alternate the potato slices with the tomato slices in rows. Drizzle lightly with olive oil, then sprinkle with the rosemary, chives, salt, and pepper.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the potatoes begin to turn golden and crisp around the edges.
Per serving: Calories: 134; Total fat: 1g; Protein: 2g: Carbs: 27g; Sodium: 13 mg
- Here are more easy, tasty potato recipes.