Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Pecans
You can make this festive roasted sweet potato dish with yams or sweet potatoes or a combination of both. Generally speaking, garnet yams are sweeter than sweet potatoes. Serve it as part of a vegan Thanksgiving holiday or anytime you want to warm up the house with the sweet aromas of cinnamon and nutmeg. Recipe contributed by Leslie Cerier. Photo by Tracey Eller
- 8 cups sweet potatoes or yams (garnet yams are particularly good, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup pecan halves
- 4 tablespoons cup melted organic extra-virgin coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1¼ teaspoons ground nutmeg, or preferably, freshly grated
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup hemp seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the hemp seeds in a 9x13x2 inch baking dish and toss until the sweet potatoes are evenly coated.
- Bake, stirring occasionally for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender on the inside and touched with brown. Taste, and adjust the seasonings if desired.
- Let cool slightly and serve garnished with hemp seeds.
- Here are more recipes for Sweet Potatoes.