Rosemary Roasted Mushrooms
Here’s a delicious roasted mushroom appetizer that can also be used as a first course for almost any kind of meal. Use any kind of mushroom you like, or a combination of two or three.
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds mushrooms (white, cremini, shiitake, oyster mushrooms, or a combination)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce or teriyaki sauce, more or less to taste
- 1 to 2 sprigs worth of fresh rosemary leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Baby arugula or baby spinach for serving
- Crispbreads or warm pita wedges for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Clean the mushrooms. Trim away any gnarled stems (and completely stem shiitakes, if using. Cut large mushrooms into quarters, medium ones in half.
Combine in a mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients and toss together. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until nicely wilted and starting to brown.
Transfer to a serving platter over a bed of arugula or baby spinach, if you’d like. and serve with crispbreads or warm pita wedges.