Contemporary Waldorf Salad
- 3 medium crisp apples, cored and diced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Mixed baby greens (mesclun), about 5 to 6 ounces, or as desired
Combine the apples and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and toss together. add the remaining ingredients except the greens, and toss well.
Line 4 salad plates or shallow bowls with greens. Dived the salad over them and serve at once.
- Here are more apple recipes on VegKitchen.
- Here are more recipes for colorful green salads.
- Return to A Colorful Vegan Christmas (Vegetarians Welcome!) for a complete listing of holiday dinner recipes, menus, and desserts.