Leafy Greens Salad with Daikon Radish and Sprouts
I often make this salad when I want a refreshing companion to a warm, hearty dishes. This salad somehow says “spring” and feels cleansing, though I like it any time of year.
- 4 to 6 ounces tender greens (baby greens, arugula,
baby spinach, watercress, or a mixture)
- 1 cup green sprouts (I like sweet pea shoots,
but use your favorite)
- 1 Granny Smith (green) apple
- 1/2 medium daikon radish, peeled and sliced
(or substitute one good -sized white turnip)
- 2 large stalks celery or bok choy, sliced
- 1/2 medium cucumber, unpeeled, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- Flaxseed or olive oil and lemon juice to taste, or your favorite dressing
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds, optional
Combine in a salad bowl, toss, and serve.
Variation: Add two golden beets, either peeled and sliced raw, or cooked in their skins, then cooled, peeled, and diced.
- Here are more of VegKitchen’s Colorful Green Salads.