Sweet and White Potato Salad with Mixed Greens
This potato salad, combining white or golden potatoes and sweet potatoes is one I often make for company. It’s so pretty, perched on mixed greens and ringed with grape tomatoes and avocado, yet is incredibly easy to prepare. Adapted from Vegan Express.
Serves: 6 or more
- 1 large sweet potato
- 4 medium white or golden potatoes,
preferably Yukon Gold or red-skinned
- 1/2 cup vinaigrette (homemade or store-bought)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 ounces (or as desired) mixed baby greens
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and diced
- Toasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds for topping
Microwave the sweet potato and white potatoes separately until done but still nice and firm. Plunge into a bowl of cold water when done.
When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and cut into dice. Combine in a mixing bowl with vinaigrette; season with salt and pepper.
Line a large serving platter with the greens. Mound the potato mixture in the center.
Scatter the tomatoes and avocado around the perimeter of the salad. Top the potato mixture with a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds. Serve at once; pass around additional vinaigrette as desired.