Sweet and White Potato Salad with Mixed Greens
This potato salad, combining white or golden potatoes and sweet potatoes is one I often make for company. It’s so pretty, perched on mixed greens and ringed with grape tomatoes and avocado, yet is incredibly easy to prepare. It’s wonderful for summer and early fall potlucks and other gatherings.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, or not (scrub well if leaving on peel)
- 4 medium white or golden potatoes, preferably Yukon Gold or red-skinned, peeled or not (scrub well if leaving on peel)
- ½ cup vinaigrette (homemade or store-bought), or as desired
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 ounces (or as desired) mixed baby greens
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and diced
- Toasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds for topping
- Cut the sweet and white potatoes into large dice (about ¾ inch). Combine in a large saucepan with just enough water to cover. Bring to a slow boil, then lower the heat and simmer until done but still nice and firm.
- When the potatoes are done, drain them in a colander and rinse under cool running water until just warm. Combine in a mixing bowl with vinaigrette; season with salt and pepper.
- Line a large serving platter with the greens. Mound the potato mixture in the center.
- Scatter the tomatoes and avocado around the perimeter of the salad. Top the potato mixture with a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds. Serve at once; pass around additional vinaigrette as desired.
Per serving: 277 calories; 18g fat; 70mg sodium; 28g carbs; 4g fiber; 3g protein