Warm Potato and Fennel Salad with Parsley Sauce
This warm potato salad is bathed in a richly flavored parsley sauce, and gets a lovely anise flavor form fresh fennel.
Serves: 8 to 10
- 6 large potatoes, preferably red-skinned, scrubbed
- 1 medium fennel bulb (bottom trimmed, stalks discarded), thinly sliced
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill, or more, to taste
- 2 scallions, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Cook, bake, or microwave the potatoes in their skins until done but still firm. When cool enough to handle, but still warm, quarter them lengthwise and slice 1/2 inch thick.
Combine the potatoes with the sliced fennel in a serving container.
Place the ingredients for the sauce in a food processor and process until the mixture fairly smooth, but you can leave some texture in it.
Pour the dressing over the potato mixture and toss togethr. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the mixture to a shallow serving container and serve.
- See more of VegKitchen’s recipes for potato salads.