Avocado and Orange Salad
Here’s a vitamin-packed little salad for winter and early spring.
- 3 small, sweet seedless orange, such as a clementines or mineolas,
peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium firm, ripe avocado, diced
- 1 cup diced jicama, daikon radish, or turnip
- 1 cup loosely packed watercress leaves
- Radicchio or red-leaf lettuce, torn, as desired
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon or lime juice, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- Toasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds, optional
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine the ingredients in a serving bowl and toss together. Serve at once.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s Super Savory Salads.