Refreshingly Fruited Red Cabbage Salad
Adding sweet elements to raw vegetables can be a good way to entice kids to give salads a try. Adults will like this one, too—it provides a nice flavor contrast to spicy dishes.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 medium sweet crisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1 large stalk celery or bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl and mix well. Let the salad stand for 15 to 20 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to mingle.
- Here are lots more creative and colorful slaw-style salads.
- Return to Jewish New Year (Rosh Hashanah) recipes and menus.