Black Bean Nachos Grandes
Nachos are great as an appetizer, snack, or a simple accompaniment to salads and grain dishes. Use natural stone-ground tortilla chips. Adapted from The Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet. Photos by Rachael Braun.
- 4 to 6 ounces good-quality tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups grated vegan cheddar or jack cheese
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh (raw or lightly cooked) or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Minced fresh cilantro, as desired, optional
- Two thinly sliced scallions, optional
- Fresh Tomato Salsa or your favorite brand, as desired
Spread the chips out in a single layer on a large platter, or divide among two plates. Sprinkle the remaining ingredients, except the salsa, over the chips in the order given. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F. for 8 to 10 minutes, or microwave until the cheese is bubbly, about 1 to 2 minutes. Serve at once with salsa on the side.
- Here are more tasty vegan appetizers.