Black Bean and Corn Salsa
For hearty appetites, here’s a salsa made more substantial with beans and fresh corn. Serve with stone ground tortilla chips.
Makes: about 2 cups
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup lightly cooked fresh organic corn kernels (use organic
frozen corn kernels when fresh are unavailable)
- 1 cup finely diced ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red or yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red or green bell pepper, or a combination
- Juice of 1/2 to 1 lime, to taste
- 1 to 2 small hot fresh chili peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (or for a change of pace
use basil for a summery flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon each: ground cumin and dried oregano
Combine all the ingredients in a serving container and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- Here are lots more recipes for salsas, chutneys, and relishes.