Black Bean Salsa
For hearty appetites, here’s a salsa made more substantial with beans.
Makes: about 2 cups
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup finely diced ripe tomatoes
- 1 small onion, minced
- Juice of 1/2 to 1 lime, to taste
- 1 small hot fresh chile, seeded and minced,
or one 4-ounce can chopped mild green chiles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon each: ground cumin and dried oregano
Combine all the ingredients in a serving container and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- Here are lots more recipes for salsas, chutneys, and relishes.