Cool and Spicy Black Bean Dip
This tasty dip is simple to make and gets plenty of flavor from salsa and fresh cilantro. Use mild, medium or hot salsa, whichever you like. You can also always add more cayenne, ground hot pepper, for a hotter dip. Recipe from Taste Life! Organic Recipes (2002) by Leslie Cerier. Reprinted by permission of Square One Publishers.
Makes 3 cups
- 1 bunch cilantro (about 1/2 cups leaves)
- 1 bunch scallions (about 1/2 cup sliced)
- 2 cups cooked or canned
(drained and rinsed) black beans
- 1 1/4 cups mild salsa
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, optional, for a hotter dip
Rinse the cilantro and twist off and discard the stems. Put the cooked beans and all the other ingredients in a food processor except for a few sprigs of cilantro, which you can use later as a garnish.
Blend and taste the dip. Add cayenne for a spicier effect. Transfer to a serving container and serve with tortilla chips or raw veggies.
- Explore VegKitchen’s selection of flavorful snacks and dips.