This is homemade French dressing is one of my personal favorites for green salads—I hope you’ll agree that this is better than the store-bought variety.
Makes: about 1 cup
- 1/4 cup good quality tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon natural granulated sugar or agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, or more to taste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed, optional
Combine all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk together until smoothly blended. Transfer to a tightly lidded cruet or bottle. Shake well before each use.
Good with: Green salads; salads using slightly bitter greens; taco salad.
Per 2-tablespoon serving:
Calories: 96; Total Fat: 8g; Protein: 0g; Carbs: 4g; Sodium: 214mg; Fiber: 0g
- See VegKitchen’s selection of Classic Salad Dressings.