Compare the rich scent of this mixture with a supermarket curry powder and you won’t believe the difference. This recipe is from Vegetariana* (Amberwood Press, 1999) by Nava Atlas.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Simply spoon each of the spices into a spice jar and shake well to mix.
- Here are lots more recipes for simple sauces and such.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!