Compare the rich scent of this mixture with a supermarket curry powder and you won’t believe the difference. This recipe is from Vegetariana (Amberwood Press, 1999) by Nava Atlas.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Simply spoon each of the spices into a spice jar and shake well to mix.
- Here are lots more recipes for simple sauces and such.