These delicious finger-sized pancakes are appreciated by adults and children alike and make either a nice warm appetizer served with“Duck” Sauce, or as an accompaniment to most soups, especially Asian soups. Double the recipe to serve a bigger crowd.
Makes: about two dozen 2- to 3-inch pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or spelt flour, or a combination
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- Olive oil or other healthy vegetable oil
- “Duck” Sauce, if desired
Combine all the ingredients except the oil in a mixing bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
Lightly oil a large griddle and ladle the batter on in small quantities (1/8 cup is about right) to form 3-inch pancakes. Cook on both sides until golden brown. Remove to a plate and cover while cooking the remaining pancakes.
Arrange in concentric circles on a large platter and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Here are more tasty vegan appetizers.
Print This Post