These delicious finger-sized pancakes are appreciated by adults and children alike and make either a tasty appetizer served with “Duck” Sauce, or as an accompaniment to most soups, especially Asian soups. Double the recipe to serve a bigger crowd.
Makes: about two dozen 2- to 3-inch pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or spelt flour, or a combination
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons rice milk or water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- Olive oil or other healthy vegetable oil
- “Duck” Sauce, if desired
Combine all the ingredients except the oil in a mixing bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
Lightly oil a large griddle and ladle the batter on in small quantities. (1/8 cup is about right) to form 3-inch pancakes. Cook on both sides until golden brown.
Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and cover while cooking the remaining pancakes.
Arrange on a large platter and serve warm or at room temperature.
Per pancake, based on 24 pancakes: Calories: 50; Total fat: 2g; Protein: 1g; Fiber: 2g; Carbs: 9g; Sodium: 105mg
- Here are more tasty vegan appetizers.