Silken Tofu and Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12.3-ounce package firm or extra-firm silken tofu
- 1/4 cup firmly packed sun-dried tomatoes (oil-cured or not, as you prefer)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, or more, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill leaves, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the onion and sauté over medium heat until translucent. Add the garlic and continue to sauté until the onion is just beginning to brown.
Combine the onion mixture with all the remaining ingredients except the salt and pepper in the container of a food processor and process until completely smooth. Drizzle in 2 tablespoons of water or so, to loosen the consistency. Stop and scrape down the sides as needed.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pat into an shallow crock to serve. Place in the center of a platter surrounded by crackers and veggies for dipping, or slices of fresh baguette for spreading.Print This Post