Sweet and Spiced Glazed Nuts
Deliciously glazed and spiced nuts are a tasty finger food at special occasion, or as an everyday snack. Use any combination of your favorite nuts — peanuts, almond, pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts, cashews, etc.
Makes: 2 cups
- 1/3 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or more, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, or more, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mixed nuts of your choice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins, optional
Preheat the oven to 250º F.
Combine the agave or syrup in a medium mixing bowl with the cinnamon, ginger, chili powder, salt, and nutmeg. Whisk together. Add the nuts and stir to coat.
Spread the nuts in a foil-lined 9- by 9-inch baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes, or until nicely glazed and toasted. Let the nuts cool, then break them apart.
Stir in the optional cranberries or raisins and toss together. and transfer to a serving or storage container.