New Potatoes with Parsley and Almond Pesto
New potatoes are given a flavorful spin with a mellow parsley and almond pesto. While some savor the powerful flavor of the classic basil and walnut or pine nut pesto, others find it overpowering. I like to think of this pesto as a mellower alternative.
- 24 small new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Cook or steam the new potatoes until tender but firm. Let cool to room temperature, then cut in half.
Place the remaining ingredients in the container of a food processor. Process until ground to a coarse texture, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to loosen the mixture if need be.
Toss at once with the potatoes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Here are more tasty vegan appetizers.