Salsa and Olive Oil Salad Dressing
This simple, basil-scented dressing of salsa and olive oil can be made in no time flat and offers an offbeat alternative for jazzing up green salads.
Makes about 1 cup
- 2/3 cup salsa, any variety of your choice,
homemade (such as Salsa Ranchera) or store-bought
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon or lime, to taste
- 6 to 8 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
Combine the ingredients in a cruet and shake well. If the salsa is very chunky, you may want to first whirl the ingredients in a food processor or process briefly with an immersion blender. Serve at once. Refrigerate whatever is not used at once; bring to room temperature before using.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 90 calories; 9g fat; 130mg sodium; 1g carbs; 0g fiber; 0g protein
- See VegKitchen’s selection of Classic Salad Dressings.