Raitas are yogurt-based relishes that provide a refreshing contrast to spicy dishes. Coconut yogurt works beautifully to create a vegan version. Make sure to use crisp, flavorful cucumbers.
Serves: 6 to 8
- 2 medium large cucumbers, peeled, quartered lengthwise,
seeded, and chopped, or 1 long English cucumber (no need to peel or seed)
- 1 1/3 cups (two 6-ounce containers) plain coconut yogurt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of salt
Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Chill before serving, then transfer to a serving container.
- Here are lots more recipes for salsas, chutneys, and relishes.