Makes: About 1 1/2 cups
- 1 medium ripe (mashable but not mushy)
avocado, pitted and peeled
- 3/4 cup prepared salsa of your choice
(tomatillo salsa is nice with this)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice, to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 or 2 fresh hot chilies, seeded and minced, optional
Cut the avocado into chunks and place in a bowl. Mash well with a fork.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir together well. Serve at once with stone-ground tortilla chips.
- Here are lots more recipes for salsas, chutneys, and relishes.