Onion and Garlic Sauce
Makes about 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions (regular or red, or one of each), chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unbleached white flour
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce or Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine, optional
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onions. Sauté over medium-low heat until golden. Add the garlic and sauté over low heat until the onion is lightly browned, stirring frequently.
Sprinkle in the flour slowly and stir in. Slowly add 1 1/4 cups of water, raise the heat, and bring to a rapid simmer.
Add the soy sauce, optional wine, and pepper. Lower the heat and simmer very gently for 10 minutes longer, then serve.
- Here are lots more recipes for simple sauces and such.
- Here are more recipes for onions, garlic, and leeks.
Print This Post