Almost-Raw Cheez Sauce
The only items in this sauce that aren’t raw in this luscious almost-raw vegan cheese sauce are the nutritional yeast and the rice milk or hemp milk. There’s no non-dairy cheese of any sort in this; so it’s amazing how very cheesy it tastes!
Makes about 2 cups (serving size: about 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup baby carrots or peeled, roughly chopped carrot
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup raw hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup plain rice milk or hemp milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
Combine all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and let it run until the mixture is smooth and cream and you feel the container getting nice and warm.
Serve on pasta, raw squash “noodles,” as a sauce for baked potatoes, or on lightly steamed vegetables. Especially yummy on broccoli and cauliflower!
- For more vegan cheese-like recipes, go to Vegan Cheese-y Delights.
Print This Post