If you like sesame seeds, this crunchy cookie is sure to please.
Makes: About 30
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup crispy brown rice cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds or wheat germ, optional
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame tahini
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup currants, optional
- Whole toasted almonds or tamari almonds
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the first 6 (dry) ingredients plus the optional flaxseeds in a mixing bowl and stir together.
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the applesauce, tahini, and syrup. Stir together until the wet and dry ingredients are completely mixed, then stir in the optional currants.
Drop by slightly rounded tablespoons onto a lightly oiled baking sheet. Press an almond into the center of each.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the bottoms are lightly browned. Let stand for a minute or two, then carefully remove with a spatula to plates to cool.
- Sweet tooth still craving? Here are more Vegan Baking and Sweets.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Cookies and Bars.