Southwestern Rice and Bean Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 1 large sweet red bell pepper, cut into narrow, 2-inch strips
- 1 large firm ripe avocado, diced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 to 1 lime, to taste
- One 15- to 16-ounce can pinto or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, more or less to taste
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon good-quality chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a serving container and toss until thoroughly mixed. Serve at once.
- Find more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Dinner Recipes and more Main-Dish Salads.
- Here is a wide array of grain salads.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *