Black Bean and Corn Salad
Corn and multicolored peppers look enticing against the dark backdrop of the black beans.
Serves: 10 to 12
- 5 cups canned or cooked black beans (from about 2 cups raw,
or three 16-ounce cans, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup good-quality vinaigrette (homemade or store-bought), or as needed
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels, preferably fresh
- 3 large bell peppers, preferably one each green, red, and yellow cut into narrow strips
- 2 to 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano, or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in an attractive serving container and toss together thoroughly. Use enough vinaigrette to coat and flavor the ingredients but not drench them.
This can be made several hours ahead and refrigerated (covered) until needed. Bring to room temperature to serve.
- Here are more Vegan Potluck Dishes.
- Find more ways to make Special Occasions and Entertaining easier and healthier.