Black Bean and Corn Salad
Corn and bell peppers look enticing against the dark backdrop of the black beans in this Southwestern-inspired salad. Double the recipe for a great potluck dish for a crowd.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 cups or one 15- to 16-ounce can drained and rinsed) black beans
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels, preferably fresh
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 to 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, optional
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh oregano, or 1/2 teaspoons dried
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup good-quality vinaigrette (homemade or store-bought), or as needed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients except the salt and pepper in a serving container and toss together thoroughly. Use enough vinaigrette to coat and flavor the ingredients but not drench them.
This can be made several hours ahead and refrigerated (covered) until needed. Bring to room temperature to serve.
Here are more tasty and easy bean salads.