Multicolored Pasta Salad for a Crowd
Here’s a colorful, veggie-filled pasta dish that’s always a crowd-pleaser. This is a great choice as a vegan potluck recipe for warm weather occasions.
Serves: 8 to 10
- 1 pound tricolor rotini
- 2 large bunches broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces and florets
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced on the diagonal
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, cut into narrow strips
- One 12-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped, with liquid
- One 16-ounce can kidney or pink beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 to 3 scallions, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup good-quality vinagirette, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cook the pasta in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente. Drain and rinse under cool water, then drain well again.
Meanwhile, steam the broccoli and carrots together in a large saucepan with a small amount of water until both are just tender-crisp. Drain and rinse under cool water, then drain well again.
Combine the pasta with the broccoli-carrot mixture and all the remaining ingredients in a large serving bowl, and toss well. Cover and refrigerate until needed, or serve at once.